- Create knowledge about cooperation.
- Centralize, share and transfer information.
- Tackle the cooperation, the development and the tourism from an academic and research perspective.
- Create a network of tourism and cooperation researchers and universities with a leader role.
- Create an alliance for research groups between national and international universities in developing countries.
- Promote the multidisciplinary and the interdisciplinary side of the network.
- Be a scientific reference point.
- Coordinate universities and other agents.
- Establish an information diffusion platform.
- Cooperation investigation.
- Efficiency index.
- Online publication.
- Forum for debating strategies and theoretical models.
- Fix specific investigation topics: local development and handicraft